Book Club: Singing Over the Bones (Intro, Women Who Run With the Wolves)
This is our monthly Book Club episode where we discuss a chapter from our current book choice: Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
We are starting with the “Introduction: Singing Over the Bones”. We invite you to read along with us. Each Book Club episode will include a detailed synopsis so you can listen whether you’ve read the chapter or not.
You can follow us on Instagram: @FullHeart_FreeVoice_Podcast
You can sign up for the podcast newsletter at: https://www.wildauthenticity.com/podcast
Podcast Episode Summary:
In this episode we begin our journey through Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes’ 1991, best selling, feminist classic, “Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype”, starting with the introduction entitled “Singing Over the Bones”, which introduces us to the terminology and purpose of the book. Caitlin and Emma start the episode by sharing why they are excited to be reading this book as well as what they thought of the chapter. Caitlin and Emma also share their individual approaches to reading this often intimidating book. Emma then shares her synopsis of the chapter, offering plain, approachable language to the author’s writing. Caitlin and Emma each take turns sharing what they thought of the chapter as well as insights from one quote that spoke to them while reading.
- What it feels like to be inauthentic.
- Their journeys of reconnecting with their true selves.
- How to get the most out of this non-traditional self-help book and how to approachably dive deeper into this complicated text, and more.
- 0.32: About the book
- 2.09: Why we're excited to read the book
- 15:00 : What Caitlin thought of the book
- 20:50 : What Emma thought of the book
- 28:04 : Caitlin's quote discussion
- 37:40 : Emma's quote discussion
We would love to know:
- What did you think of The Introduction?
- What is one quote from The Introduction that stood out to you that you would like to explore more?
Other works mentioned during this episode:
- “Finding Your Own North Star” written by Martha Beck
- “The Artist’s Way” written by Julia Cameron
How to Connect with Emma:
- Find out more about Emma Veritas at Veritas Writers Sanctuary
- Check out Emma’s online course, Find Your True Self Again
How to Connect with Caitlin:
- Find out more about Caitlin Bosshart and schedule a free consultation at: https://caitlinbosshart.com/
- Follow Caitlin on Instagram: @caitlin_bosshart
- Follow Caitlin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caitlinbosshartlifecoaching/
Theme music: A special thank you to these incredible artists, who created the music featured in our podcast: Wally Ingram, Stevie Blacke and Tom Freund. You heard portions of their tracks “Shine a Light” and “Udu ULove” from their record Spadé.
Original cover art created by: Caitlin Bosshart
*All links to bookshop.org are affiliate links*