Life School: How to Trust Your Intuition (Ch. 3, Women Who Run With the Wolves)
This is our “Life School” episode where we take a theme from the chapter we are studying from our current book club selection, Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and we share a tool, practice, or exercise for how to work with that theme. This month we are studying Chapter 3: “Nosing Out the Facts: The Retrieval of Intuition as Initiation”. In this episode we demonstrate how to use an exercise to help you trust your intuition.
With this exercise you will explore a situation from the past where you knew your intuition was telling you which choice to make, and you either affirmed or denied your intuition. You will explore your relationship to your knowing and the results of the choice you made. The purpose of this exercise is to help you get to know how your intuition communicates with you, so you can trust it when you hear your intuition again in the future.
Try this at home:
With this episode’s exercise you will answer the following questions to learn how to trust your intuition:
- Describe a time in the past when you knew your intuition was speaking to you. This is an experience where you knew the choice to make, even if you couldn’t explain exactly how you knew.
- What was your intuition telling you?
- How did your body respond when you had this intuitive knowing? How did it feel?
- What thoughts did you have that either affirmed or denied your intuitive knowing?
- What did you do? Did you follow your intuition or did you make another choice?
- What was the result? What happened?
- If you did not follow your intuition, is there a more empowering thought you could have had that would have helped you affirm your knowing?
- How have these questions helped you with your relationship to your intuition?
Other Works Mentioned
**If you loved this episode, please subscribe, share and leave us a review**.
How to Connect with Emma:
- Find out more about Emma at Veritas Writers Sanctuary
- Download Emma's free guide: 3 Habits to Calm Your Fear and Get You Writing
- Check out Emma’s online course, Find Your True Self Again
How to Connect with Caitlin:
- Find out more about Caitlin and schedule a free consultation at: https://caitlinbosshart.com/
- Follow Caitlin on Instagram: @caitlin_bosshart
Theme music: A special thank you to these incredible artists, who created the music featured in our podcast: Wally Ingram, Stevie Blacke and Tom Freund. You heard portions of their tracks “Shine a Light” and “Udu ULove” from their record Spadé.
Original cover art created by: Caitlin Bosshart
*Links to bookshop.org are affiliate links*