Life School: Levels of Closeness - Relationship Discernment Practice (Ch. 4, Women Who Run With the Wolves)
This is our “Life School” episode where we take a theme from the chapter we are studying from our current book club selection, Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and we share a tool, practice, or exercise for how to work with that theme. This month we are studying Chapter 4: “The Mate: Union with the Other”.
With this exercise you will combine everything we've learned so far. You'll turn to your intuition to rate a relationship on the scale of Thriving Relationships (Manawee) to Negative Relationships (Bluebeard). Then you'll seek your intuition to determine the level of closeness you intuitively know you want to have with this person.
You can download the PDF of all the steps for this practice here.
Other Resources Mentioned
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Google Doc of Resources for Abusive Relationships
Thank you so much to the work of Martha Beck, and her Life Coach Training, where Caitlin and Emma learned the original practices this work is derived from.
**If you loved this episode, please subscribe, share and leave us a review**.
How to Connect with Emma
- Find out more about Emma at Veritas Writers Sanctuary
- Download Emma's free guide: 3 Habits to Calm Your Fear and Get You Writing
- Check out Emma’s online course, Find Your True Self Again
How to Connect with Caitlin
- Find out more about Caitlin and schedule a free consultation at: https://caitlinbosshart.com/
- Follow Caitlin on Instagram: @caitlin_bosshart
- Follow Caitlin on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caitlinbosshartlifecoaching/
Theme music: A special thank you to these incredible artists, who created the music featured in our podcast: Wally Ingram, Stevie Blacke and Tom Freund. You heard portions of their tracks “Shine a Light” and “Udu ULove” from their record Spadé.
Original cover art created by: Caitlin Bosshart
*Links to bookshop.org are affiliate links*
This episode is not a replacement for therapy, mental health care, or any medical treatments you may need. You are completely responsible for your health and well-being. You are fully responsible for the decisions and actions you take with regard to your life and affairs. This podcast does not create a coach-client relationship between you and the hosts of the show.