Self-Esteem and Reframing Negative Core Beliefs in Healing from Complex PTSD.
Today's guest on the podcast, Austin Robin, is a survivor of childhood trauma and lives with Complex PTSD. She has also hosted her own podcast, "The Complexities Podcast", where she shares in-depth about her story and the challenges of living as a survivor and healing. While the show is currently on hiatus, it's most definitely worth a listen to the 30+ episodes.
During our chat, Austin shares some of her back story of being a survivor, and we dive into some specific areas surrounding self-esteem:
- Her survivor story of abuse includes abandonment, neglect, and living with a narcissistic family.
- How going No-Contact with her father and mother was the best decision she ever made and was instrumental in her healing.
- Healing is exponentially more difficult when you are still in a toxic environment. Finding a way to break free is key.
- Understanding the reasons why you struggle with self-esteem, and perhaps downright hate yourself; where those feelings come from.
- Finding a reason to break free, go no contact, and take control of your healing. Even if that reason isn't "you", just find any reason to cling too.
- How eventually just finding any reason can lead to you learning to put yourself first.
- Her struggles with an eating disorder, that included checking herself into a medical facility to get help.
- The strategy of getting to a neutral place, before you try and go full speed ahead with your healing. Learning to embrace that "maybe I'm not quite so bad" is a key step, and can lead to "I'm a pretty resilient, amazing person".
All this and more during my chat with Austin Robin. While Austin is not actively podcasting at this present time, and taking a break from social media, she can be reached via the Complexities Podcast Instagram Page or by emailing her directly at Complexities dot Podcast at gmail dot com.
If you enjoy these podcasts would you consider doing 3 easy things for us?
- Share it with one person who might find it helpful.
- Leave a review on your favorite podcast app.
- Follow the podcast on that same app, so you never miss an episode.
That’s it…Super Easy and it would mean the world to us.
All conversation and information exchanged during participation on the podcast and BeyondYourPastRadio.com are intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on the podcast or posted on the above-mentioned website are supplements for or supersedes the relationship and direction of your medical or mental health providers.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sPH8pMZ)