The Mojo Radio Show EP 265: The Recalibrated Warrior. Never Quit, Never Give Up - Travis Mills
US Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills was critically injured on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan by an IED (improvised explosive device). He lost portions of both legs and both arms. He is one of only five quadruple amputees from the war in Iraq and Afghanistan to survive his injuries. He hasn't just survived -- he has thrived. His message is to never quit, never give up. This is such an inspiring and uplifting story of grit, resilience, and being of service to others.
- When Travis meets someone for the first time, how does he like to reply?
- That day on patrol in 2012 when he put his 120 lb backpack on an IED.
- Travis discusses how he spent his 25th birthday.
- There was a moment when he said, "I quit".... but he didn't. Why?
- Is Travis a religious man? Did he ever think, why me, what's the plan?
- After the explosion, Travis said, "Leave me, save my guys." Did he think it was over for him?
- How was Travis even conscious after the explosion?
- The fire that coursed through his body, through his hands and legs that were not even there.
- Travis told people he would walk, but inside he was at war. What was the war inside his mind/body?
- What was the first thing he said to his wife after the explosion?
- Travis's wife, Kelsie, kept a journal. What was the most moving thing she wrote in her journal?
- Travis wanted to push his wife away. What was the moment where his mindset was all chips in?
- Travis learnt to walk again with his daughter, who was nine months old.
- Todd walked into his room and said something that changed his mindset towards the future. What did Todd say?
- The perceptions when Travis walks into a boardroom as a businessman. Is there ever a reaction?
- Travis decided to run a 5k race, and the inspiration he drew from the survivors of 9/11.
- Helping others was an important part of his therapy. Travis explains how it helped him.
- Is there a little character of Jesse James in Travis Mills?
- Does Travis know fear today?
- Game recognises game. What is the game he wants to be reflected in his son Dax?
Travis Mills websitehttps://ultimateclassicrock.com/cowbell-songs/ The Mojo Radio Show website themojoradioshow.com The Mojo Radio Show on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheMojoRadioShowPodcast/ The Mojo Radio Show on Twitter https://twitter.com/tmrspod The Mojo Radio Show Answering Machine 08 7200 6656 08 7200 MOJO The Mojo Radio Show copyright Gary Bertwistle & Darren Robertson Products or companies we discuss are not paid endorsements. They are not sponsored by, nor do we have any professional or affiliate relationship of any kind with any of the companies or products highlighted in the show.... sadly! It’s just stuff we like, think is cool and maybe of interest to you our listeners. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”. Hunter S Thompson.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.