Are you better off believing you can do something, or trying and failing?
Have you ever considered whether there’s a benefit to believing you can do something instead of trying that thing and failing?
In this episode we’ll dive deep into the many considerables when it comes to answering this question. How big a role does regret play? And what about our perspectives, experiences, and mindset at different times in our lives?
Points Discussed in this Episode
- Our thoughts on failure (as discussed in Ep 20 of NKCR)
- How does regret play a role in answering this question?
- What does it mean to fail exactly?
- Perspective and experience playing a role
- Is it a personality thing?
- What do you currently believe you could do, but you’re not doing it because you’re afraid of failing?
Mentioned in this episode:
NKCR Ep 20: Failure: Is it the way to success?
Sylvester Stallone’s new documentary (trailer)
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
Thank you so much for joining us for this episode where we share our own experiences answering the question: Are you better off believing you can do something, or trying and failing?
Don’t forget to follow or subscribe to Nicole & Kate Can Relate for more episodes like this one!
Our mission with this podcast is to share a candid convo one time per week to help provide love, support, and space for women to share without judgment, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.