How do you do an annual review?
What is an annual review, exactly? And how do you go about doing one? Great questions, because doing an annual review can be so powerful!
In this episode we’ll share our own personal experiences with doing an annual review, including the questions we ask ourselves and how the answers help us prepare for the year ahead.
Points Discussed in this Episode
- The importance of regular check-in’s throughout the year
- KPI’s and Nicole’s belief that what gets measured gets managed
- Questions to ask yourself during an annual review
- The time commitment and a sample flow for doing an annual review
- The many different ways you can conduct an annual review (everyone is different!)
Here are some questions/prompts for doing your own annual review!
- What do I want to accomplish?
- How do I want this year to be different than last year?
- What did I love doing?
- What were some of my biggest wins this past year?
- What didn't I like doing?
- What did not work well for me?
- What did I waste time on?
- Why did I follow through with one goal I set but not another?
- What's important to me?
- What was my word of the year for last year, or for the current year?
- What do I want my word to be moving forward?
- What did I not do this year that I wanted to do? Why didn't I do it?
- What's going to lead my year next year?
- Did I read enough books?
- Did I dedicate the time to personal development?
- Did I dedicate sufficient time to self-care?
- How did I show up for myself?
- How did I show up for my friends?
- What worked? (can be against KPIs or metrics)
- What didn't work?
- What do I want to do differently next year?
- What am I doing that is impacting the bottom line or pushing business goals forward?
Reflecting on your role in the business:
- What did I enjoy doing?
- What's fun for me?
- What do I absolutely not like doing and do I have to keep doing it? Or can I find another way to get that thing done?
- What's not essential that I can stop doing?
Mentioned in this episode:
NKCR Ep 112: Have you ever done a time audit?
Thank you so much for joining us for this episode where we share our own experiences answering the question: How do you do an annual review?
Don’t forget to follow or subscribe to Nicole & Kate Can Relate for more episodes like this one!
Our mission with this podcast is to share a candid convo one time per week to help provide love, support, and space for women to share without judgment, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.