Deepfakes and the Growing Problem of Convincing Misinformation
Videos can be really convincing. But what happens when the news report you're watching isn't real? Or the interview you heard about was faked? This isn't a conspiracy theory or something in the distant future. Deepfakes and tampering of videos is happening now with real world consequences. The rampant spread of misinformation and the growing issue of deepfakes needs to be addressed. Luckily, a group of researchers from Binghamton University teamed up with engineers at Intel to tackle this problem.
- Check out our brand new merch and score some sweet Jerry swag!
- We're a Goodpods Guru in Science! Follow us on Goodpods for science podcast recommendations.
- You can support our show by becoming a Patreon member - your support helps keep our show ad-free.
- Want to interact with us live? Follow us on Twitch! Click here to watch our channel trailer.
- Visit our website for blog posts, YouTube videos, and more!
- Find us on social: @justnascience for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Have a question, episode idea, or business inquiry? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast theme song: Like an Idiot by Sven Karlsson
- Music licensed through Epidemic Sound
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/justnascience/support