Layouts and Spacing with Mark Dalgleish - Part 2/2
Mark Dalgleish, the co-author of CSS-modules, who currently works at SEEK building Playroom and frontends with the Braid Design System, joins A-P Koponen on the Frontend Greatness podcast to talk about "Layouts and Spacing". The episode is split into two parts for easier listenability.
In part 1:
- What is the goal of a good layout and spacing system?
- Best practices for layouts and spacing.
In Part 2:
- Layout Components you should use in your everyday work.
- How to get started with layout components and consistent spacing.
- Mark's thoughts on going from good to great as a frontend developer.
- Mark's Twitter: https://twitter.com/markdalgleish
- A-P's Twitter: https://twitter.com/apkoponen
- Capsize: https://seek-oss.github.io/capsize/
- Braid Design System: https://seek-oss.github.io/braid-design-system/
- "Margin is like side-effect" -tweet: https://twitter.com/wongmjane/status/1242370883320049664
- Tailwind's Spacing Scale: https://tailwindcss.com/docs/customizing-spacing
- Mark's talk on design best practices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbc3wAztl0
- Chakra UI's layout components: https://chakra-ui.com/docs/layout/aspect-ratio
- Build something in the open.
- Talk in a meetup or conference.