What Happened to Data Marts?
Accessing data faster, more easily, and in a format of their choice is an increasing priority for business users. In the new Microsoft Fabric unified ecosystem, data warehousing, data lakehouses, and data marts coexist to enable users to choose how they analyze and work with data at scale. Priya Sathy shares insights into the future of data marts, the role data warehouses play, and what you can expect from Microsoft Fabric in the coming years.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What we can expect the future of Data Marts to look like
- The flexibility Microsoft Fabric provides when working with your data
- What we can expect in the next few years from Microsoft Fabric
Some questions we ask:
- What is Microsoft fabric?
- What is your vision for the data warehouse at Microsoft?
- What new skills are required when working with Microsoft Fabric?
Priya Sathy brings over 25 years of experience in the data and analytics space. She heads up Microsoft's Azure Synapse SQL and Synapse Data Warehouse in Microsoft Fabric. Her team focuses on building capabilities that meet the needs and complexities of large-scale analytics in enterprises. Before this, Priya was running Enterprise BI in Power BI.
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.