A MARRIAGE OF COMMITMENT AND BALANCE TO ACHIEVE CAREER SUCCESS – A Conversation with Sandra Fava, Esq. EP: 40
Speak to any women with a successful career and the conversation will frequently become a discussion about “Work/Life Balance.” We’re either striving to find it, or if we already have it, are asked to advise others about how to achieve it. Sandra Fava, Esq., family-law partner at Fox Rothschild, appears to have found the magic formula.
For Sandra, family law has provided an opportunity to help men and women through a most stressful and challenging time in their lives.
In this podcast we talk about life as a family law attorney, how she manages her career and the rewards that come from practicing this challenging area of law. We also chat about:
- When she knew she wanted to become a lawyer, and the influence of Peoples’ Court and Ally McBeal
- How assisting on a pro-bono family-law case as a summer law clerk set her on the path to become one of the top family law attorneys in New Jersey---why it pays to keep an open mind
- What she finds most rewarding about her work, and how she guides her clients through the divorce process to come through it as a different person, and importantly, to move forward with their lives
- Her toughest cases and why empathy and listening to your client are so important. Every client has a story….you never know what happens behind closed doors
- Her favorite strategy to gain a measure of calm and work/life balance—why NO is the new YES
- The importance of commitment and loving what you do, and her words of wisdom to women considering life as a lawyer
From what I have seen from my own “career path,” loving what you do is the most important factor in achieving professional and personal success. According to Sandra, “To experience success in life and career, you have to be committed to what you do.” “You can only commit when you love it.”
Are you committed?