Cloud Computing - Networking
SHOW: Season 1, Show 3
OVERVIEW: From the creators of the Internet's #1 Cloud Computing podcast, The Cloudcast, Aaron Delp (@aarondelp) and Brian Gracely (@bgracely) introduce this new podcast, Cloudcast Basics.
- What does networking mean in the cloud? Connectivity between nodes, VPCs (private groupings), DNS, Load-Balancing and Auto-Scaling, CDN Services, Private Links (into the cloud), Internet Facing IPs, Private IPs, Data transfer within AZs, across Regions, Service Mesh
- How is networking allocated? IP Addressing, Bandwidth, Traffic/Transfers, Private Groupings. Capacity
- How was networking allocated before cloud computing?
- What does the cloud computing provider do with a networking offering (responsibilities vs. customer responsibilities? Lots of variety, depending on the service
- Why are there so many variations of networking? (connectivity, security, scaling, local networking, global networking, etc.)
- Does it matter where the networking is located? How do clouds organize the networking (availability zones, regions, etc.)?
- How much does networking cost in the cloud? What are the various ways you can buy networking?
- AWS - https://aws.amazon.com/products/networking/
- Azure - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/product-categories/networking/
- Google Cloud - https://cloud.google.com/products/networking
- Oracle Cloud - https://www.oracle.com/cloud/networking/
- IBM Cloud - https://www.ibm.com/cloud/network
- Digital Ocean - https://www.digitalocean.com/products/ (networking)
SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc.).
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
LEARNING CLOUD COMPUTING:
Here are some great places to begin your cloud journey, if you're interested in getting hands-on experience with the technology, or you'd like to build your skills towards a certification.
- CBT Nuggets - Training and Certifications
- A Cloud Guru - Training and Certifications
- Cloud Academy - Training and Certifications
- Katakoda - Self-Paced, Interactive Learning
- GitHub - Code Samples and Collaboration