Cloud Computing - Security
SHOW: Season 1, Show 4
OVERVIEW: From the creators of the Internet's #1 Cloud Computing podcast, The Cloudcast, Aaron Delp (@aarondelp) and Brian Gracely (@bgracely) introduce this new podcast, Cloudcast Basics.
- What does security mean in the cloud? Data Protection (Encryption), Key Management, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection, IAM (Authentication, SSO, etc.), Monitoring/Threat-Detection
- How is security allocated? “Defense-in-Depth”, many layers of protecting the network, protecting data, protecting APIs, preventing service denials, managing users/accounts
- How was security allocated before cloud computing?
- What does the cloud computing provider do with a security offering (responsibilities vs. customer responsibilities? Lots of variety, depending on the service
- Why are there so many variations of security? (the entire stack needs to be secured, from infrastructure to applications to user interactions)
- Does it matter where the security is located? How do clouds organize the security (availability zones, regions, etc.)?
- How much does security cost in the cloud? What are the various ways you can buy security? Native services vs. 3rd-party services.
- AWS - https://aws.amazon.com/products/security/
- Azure - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/product-categories/security/
- Google Cloud - https://cloud.google.com/security
- Oracle Cloud - https://www.oracle.com/security/
- IBM Cloud - https://www.ibm.com/cloud/security
SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc.).
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
LEARNING CLOUD COMPUTING:
Here are some great places to begin your cloud journey, if you're interested in getting hands-on experience with the technology, or you'd like to build your skills towards a certification.
- CBT Nuggets - Training and Certifications
- A Cloud Guru - Training and Certifications
- Cloud Academy - Training and Certifications
- Katakoda - Self-Paced, Interactive Learning
- GitHub - Code Samples and Collaboration