Cloud Computing - Storage
SHOW: Season 1, Show 2
OVERVIEW: From the creators of the Internet's #1 Cloud Computing podcast, The Cloudcast, Aaron Delp (@aarondelp) and Brian Gracely (@bgracely) introduce this new podcast, Cloudcast Basics.
- What does storage mean in the cloud?
- How is storage allocated?
- What does the cloud computing provider do with a storage offering (responsibilities vs. customer responsibilities?
- Why are there so many variations of storage?
- Does it matter where the storage is located? How do clouds organize the storage (availability zones, regions, etc.)?
- How much does storage cost in the cloud? What are the various ways you can buy storage?
- How do you make sure that data doesn’t get lost or deleted in the cloud? (Snapshots, Backups, Replicate across AZs or Regions)
- AWS - https://aws.amazon.com/products/storage/
- Azure - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/product-categories/storage/
- Google Cloud - https://cloud.google.com/products/storage
- Oracle Cloud - https://www.oracle.com/cloud/storage/
- IBM Cloud - https://www.ibm.com/cloud/storage
- Digital Ocean - https://www.digitalocean.com/products/spaces/
SUBSCRIBE: Please subscribe anywhere you get podcasts (Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Pandora, etc.).
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
LEARNING CLOUD COMPUTING:
Here are some great places to begin your cloud journey, if you're interested in getting hands-on experience with the technology, or you'd like to build your skills towards a certification.
- CBT Nuggets - Training and Certifications
- A Cloud Guru - Training and Certifications
- Cloud Academy - Training and Certifications
- Katakoda - Self-Paced, Interactive Learning
- GitHub - Code Samples and Collaboration