MOVING PEOPLE’S LIVES—A Conversation with Cindy Myer Ep: 48
Cindy Myer, CEO and President of Ridgewood Moving, is keenly aware that death, divorce and moving are the three biggest stressors a person can face. That’s why, after taking the helm of Ridgewood Moving upon the death of her husband, Rob, she developed the concept of building a “posse” to pull together the resources her clients need for a successful move.
For Cindy, giving back has become a cornerstone of her business philosophy. Listen as she describes the importance of philanthropy within your community and why creating a culture of giving leads to personal and business fulfillment.
In this podcast we discuss the challenges she faced when taking over an established business, how she has since molded that business to her vision and the lessons she learned along the way. We also chat about:
- How to thrive in a male-dominated industry
- The importance of building a company “culture” and a good team around you
- Why as a business owner you need to fire fast but hire slow
- How to take over an established business, and why you may need to shake things up
- How to handle employees who may be working to undermine your efforts
- Working with the senior market (her “VIP Seniors”) and what it means to become Silver Certified
- The importance of women supporting women
- How giving back to her community has given back to her business
- Why if you think about calling someone, pick up the phone and call them now!
Cindy is by no means the only women business owner who has learned to thrive in a male-dominated industry. And as with many other female business owners, she found she could rely on the support and assistance from a wide array of friends, colleagues and competitors. “It’s about having a community about you that helps you succeed,” according to Cindy. But success alone is not enough. “It is so important to create a culture of giving within your business and the community to feel you have truly arrived at your destination.”
Moving words, indeed.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store