Your Business is Your Baby —A Conversation with Holly Hurd Ep: 44
Holly Hurd founded VentureMom.com to help moms from around the country start their own businesses.
Do you have a product to sell? Do you provide a service? Do you need a web presence and shopping cart (and want it all in 2 days?). Then you are a VentureMom.
Holly created VentureMom.com to provide mom entrepreneurs with a web presence, promotion, and distribution and marketing of their products in the VentureMom e-commerce marketplace. That marketplace currently attracts the affluent, often female shopper.
In its mission to inspire new mom entrepreneurs, VentureMom.com is also a site devoted to spotlighting what other moms have done. “Many of the moms we showcase became entrepreneurs with little or no capital, no formal business plan and often no babysitter,” says Holly. Each week she profiles a different mom to demonstrate to others that they too can find a venture that will add to their family’s income and their personal fulfillment.
In this podcast we discuss Holly’s own business background—she has always been at the forefront of entrepreneurship--her goals in starting VentureMom, and some of the successful VentureMoms she has helped inspire. We also chat about:
- How to find your passion and your profit
- What it takes to start a small service or product-based business out of thin air
- The importance of persistent in business—and in life
- How she has guided hundreds of women to create businesses that help support their families and bring personal fulfillment
- The role Holly’s father played in her own entrepreneurial journey
- How she developed a VentureMom audience of thousands of affluent women
- How to come up with an idea, name and brand it, and market it to the world
Her book—Venture Mom: From Idea to Income in Just 12 Weeks
The importance of women supporting women
Holly is passionate about helping women find economic freedom through entrepreneurship, and the power of online marketing to create your future. “In the current age of the Internet,” says Holly, “I can show you how to start a business with one email.”
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained!
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store