#323: How to Attract Deals and Earn More Through the Magic of Networking With Travis Chappell
Would getting more deals through your network help your real estate business? Today’s guest specializes in just that!
Brandon and David sit down with Travis Chappell, host of the “Build Your Network” podcast, and dive into how to create success through other people.
Travis shares strategies for using his network to find deals, mastering the art of giving to increase your success, and becoming a leader in any space you are passionate about—no matter who you are! You won’t want to miss his “anchoring” negotiating strategy, his advice on the right way to reach out to mentors/influencers, and his five tips for starting off an effective working relationship!
This is one of the most value-packed shows BiggerPockets has done. Download it now!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Travis uses his network to source deals
- Why he rents his primary residence
- The power of creating a platform like a podcast or meetup
- The key to successfully partnering with family
- Why givers are more successful
- How his networks really affect his net worth
- The reason why he’s selling his real estate properties
- The beauty of adding value first to others
- His five effective tips for reaching out and connecting with anyone
- His “anchoring” negotiating tactic and how he used it to land a deal
- Why house hacking is his favorite way to get started in real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Podcast 314: How to Find Rockstar Contractors and Manage Like a Boss with Andresa Guidelli
- Build Your Network 186: The Bigger Pockets Podcast with Brandon Turner
- BiggerPockets Podcast 227: From Single Family Houses to $130,000,000 in Multifamily with Joe Fairless
- Best Ever Podcast by Joe Fairless
- BiggerPockets Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
- BiggerPockets Podcast 113: Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan
- Jordan Harbinger Show
- Noah Kagan
- BiggerPockets Hard Money Lenders
- BiggerPockets Podcast 169: Using Hustle and Persistence to Build Wealth Through Real Estate with David Greene
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Never Split the Difference Chris Voss
Fire Round Questions
- Any advice on finding deals to flip in a hot market?
- Do you think it’s a mistake to think about investing out of state, given my lack of experience at this point?
- Any tips for motivating contractors to move quickly?
- “Most of the things that we need to master fall under the communication category.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t have to be an expert to start a podcast or a meetup.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every deal is different. What works for me may not work for you.” (Tweet This!)
- “The deal is in the numbers. If it’s a good deal, it will make money regardless of all the other stuff.” (Tweet This!)
- “What you focus on, you get more of.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s deals for everybody out there!” (Tweet This!)
- “Not all debt is bad.” (Tweet This!)
- “The number one thing about networking is giving value.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Travis