Compensation - Companies Deep Pockets or NOT!
Special Guest: Jordan R - Extensive background in HR
Negotiating Salary can be one of the hardest and most challenging things for both parties. Everyone wants to be paid fairly, however companies don't have unlimited pocket books. So today we explore the why's and why not's of the salary negotiation.
Breakdown of today’s podcast:
- States where you can't ask about compensation
- Why candidates don't want to disclose compensation
- Candidates expectations can change after interviewing
- Advantages telling 3rd party recruiters your compensation
- Starting to Negotiation - Go High may push the company away
- Candidates do not like the back and forth either
- Jordan R brings insight to Salary
- Paycheck Stubs or proof of salary/employment
- Laws protecting candidates
- Companies limitations to pay
- Equal pay vs marketplace/market analysis
- Title does NOT always dictate the value of a position
- Compensation evaluation within the industry
- Understanding pay based on the scope of responsibilities.
GLINTER SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTACT INFO
http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelglinter2 (Linked In)