EP166: Retailers, Subscriptions, and Mutual Funds!
Learn about e-commerce companies that are moving to brick-and-mortar, helping your customers save money, and a beloved brand that has people talking -- but not in a good way.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
• Bricks Might Save Clicks - the rising costs of doing business online is leading many e-commerce brands to open physical retail locations.
• Squeaky Clean Transparency Is Best - Green cleaning company Dropps chose complete transparency when announcing a shipping price increase to customers and earned loyal fans in the process.
• Even Customers That Love You Will Only Tolerate So Much - While investors love Vanguard's products, not caring enough to answer the phone or solve customer service problems is frustrating their long-term customers
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
• How Bricks Might Save Clicks: Rising costs of doing business online is making physical retail more appealing for e-commerce brands - by Jinjoo Lee in the Wall Street Journal
• Dropps - Green Cleaning Products
• Making Meetings Better in the Hybrid Workplace - an ebook by our friends and partners at Mitel
• Vanguard clients take to social media over customer service mishaps - by Erin Arvedlund in the Philadelphia Inquirer
Learn more about the Experience This Show and the hosts: