EP182: Avoiding, Bettering, and Ending!
Learn about an airline that decided to stop providing telephone customer service, how to improve on the B2B experience, and a government crackdown on unnecessary fees.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
• Don't Call Us - Frontier Airlines' controversial decision to eliminate their customer service phone number may save money but may cost them customer loyalty (and will surely impact customer experience).
• B2B Businesses Should Improve Their Customer Experience - In his new book, "Do B2B Better: Drive Growth Through Game-Changing Customer Experience," Jim Tincher shares tips and techniques for improving customer experience in a B2B setting and gaining executive buy-in for CX initiatives.
• The Government Plans to Help the Experience - The FTC is launching a new rulemaking process in an attempt to reduce junk fees for event ticketing, hotels, funeral homes, and other industries that force consumers to pay ridiculous fees.
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
• "Frontier Airlines Gets Rid of Telephone Customer Service" - by Leslie Josephs on CNC.com
• Coveo - use "swarming" to deliver the best answer (co-created by your top subject matter experts) to customers in realtime
• "Do B2B Better: Drive Growth Through Game-Changing Customer Experience" - by Jim Tincher
• Biden Targets Hidden 'Junk Fees' from Banks, Cable TV, Concert Tickets - By Hannah Lang, Doina Chiacu, and Trevor Hunnicutt on Reuters
• Rate and Review The Experience This! Show
Learn more about the Experience This Show and the hosts:
Joey Coleman - keynote speaker and author of "Never Lose a Customer Again"
Dan Gingiss - keynote speaker and author of "The Experience Maker"