EP173: Stockouts, Silences, and Storytelling!
Learn about the importance of keeping your customers in the loop, the sound of customer silence, and the power of creative storytelling!
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
• Keep Your Customers Informed - Research by Instacart shows that keeping customers aware about inventory and managing their expectations about availability leads to increased order frequency and increased lifetime value of the customer.
• Try Being Quiet - Explore the experience created by Amsterdam Schipol Airport and stores in Dublin by considering what it would be like to create a "quiet experience" for your customers.
• The Better the Story, the Better the Experience - A playful, edgy story (like laundering in a bank in the Ozarks) creates the kind of intrigue and curiosity that makes customers want to stay at the Bank Haus.
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
• “Why You Should Warn Customers When You’re Running Low on Stock" - by Benjamin Knight (Senior Data Scientist at Instacart) and Dmitry Mitrofanov (assistant professor of business analytics at the Carroll School of Management at Boston College) in the Harvard Business Review.
• Experience This - Episode 82 - "Pizzability, Usability, and Adaptability!"
• Touch Stay - Digital Welcome Book
• The Bank Hause - Marthasville, Missouri rental with great story conceived by Tyann Marcink Hammond
Learn more about the Experience This Show and the hosts: