Ep. 69: Get Out of Your Own Way by Knowing Your Enneagram Type, with Alicia Ross
If you’ve heard us refer to our Enneagram types in previous episodes (Melia is a 1, Gill is a 7) and wondered what the heck we were talking about, or if you are familiar with the Enneagram framework and want to learn more, this episode is for you!
We talk to our dear friend Alicia Ross, a certified Enneagram coach who is starting a new Enneagram training and coaching business this summer.
The pandemic has brought out the worst in most of us at some point – the way we act when we’re overwhelmed and scared. As challenging as this period is, it’s also an opportunity to look at why we do the things we do, even when we know they don’t serve us. Alicia shares:
- How the Enneagram personality system can help us understand these patterns, give us more compassion for ourselves and other people, and open up the space to make a different choice.
- Descriptions of the 9 Enneagram types in this context, highlighting what causes stress for each type, and how each can find more balance, peace, sanity, and connection.
For reference, we’ve included timestamps for each type:
- Overview of the Enneagram: What is it, how it’s useful, and how it differs from other personality systems - 4:48
- Type One, The Reformer - 22:59
- Type Two, The Helper - 33:29
- Type Three, The Achiever - 43:06
- Type Four, The Individualist - 52:41
- Type Five, The Investigator - 61:11
- Type Six, The Loyalist - 70:17
- Type Seven, The Enthusiast - 76:36
- Type Eight, The Challenger - 86:20
- Type Nine, The Peacemaker - 95:11
Learn more about Alicia Ross and her Enneagram workshops and coaching: https://www.enneagramgrowthpath.com/
Read more about each type on the Enneagram Institute website: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com
Ryan O’Neal’s Sleeping at Last album of moving songs about Enneagram type: https://open.spotify.com/album/1R3C4VebWmWXFlbTSnnLql?si=WJstRap5SlKS0cwrFVeLaA
Find us on the web for show notes and extras: https://www.semitogether.com
Subscribe to our e-newsletter for episode roundups, tips to steal + extras: https://www.subscribepage.com/semitogether
Become a patron of the podcast and access bonuses and extras: https://www.patreon.com/semitogether
Book a Discovery Call with Melia, who coaches adults with ADHD: www.risingspiralcoaching.com
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/semi-together/message