Growing a podcast hosting business with Justin Jackson at Transistor
Justin Jackson is the co-founder of Transistor.fm, the podcast hosting company that hosts this podcast. In part one of our interview series, Justin talks about growing a podcast hosting business.
He talks about their business model as a software company, how they serve podcast agencies, and provide podcast websites. He also takes a step back to provide his perspective on the podcasting industry and market trends.
Justin shares specific insights about the total market, number of active podcasts, and how different platforms compare. He specifically contrasts podcasting with the video hosting marketing, looking to YouTube in particular.
To jump ahead, click the chapter markers in your podcast player:
- (00:00 ) - Pipeline Meeting Intro
- (01:19 ) - Podcast services
- (03:29 ) - Serving podcast agencies
- (05:32 ) - Podcast websites
- (08:18 ) - Podcasting industry
- (11:10 ) - Centralization vs. Decentralization
- (14:56 ) - Pipline Meeting Outro
Find Justin Jackson on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinijackson/
Learn more about Transistor: https://transistor.fm/