350: How to House Hack Your Way to Financial Freedom in 3 Years with Craig Curelop
Ever wanted to break into real estate but just weren’t sure how to take that first step? You're not alone!
Almost all investors struggled with their first deal. But today’s guest may be just what you needed to get your foot in the door! On today’s show, Brandon and David dive deep into the mind of Craig Curelop, the author of BiggerPockets Publishing's new book The House Hacking Strategy.
Craig shares some incredible advice on how he eliminated his living expenses and earned as much as one could from a full-time job through house hacking—all by age 26! Craig breaks down just how simply you can get your first property with less than 5 percent down and turn it into a wealth-building machine that will help you achieve a “return on your potential” you may not have realized you’re currently lacking.
You’ll learn what to look for in a house hack, how to find the “path of progress” to start your search, and which straightforward criteria we can all use when searching for deals. You’ll also hear how to make “hedonic adaptation” work for you, how to exchange comfortability for profitability, and how to decide which property would work best for your specific situation.
We ALL want to own more real estate, and we all need somewhere to live. On today’s show, you’ll learn how to combine those two needs to build wealth and save money at the same time.
Download this one today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why he left Silicon Valley to build wealth through real estate
- How he bought his first house hack
- Why house hacking is so effective for establishing financial freedom
- His scale of comfortability vs. profitability
- Who should house hack
- Why expensive markets are the best places to build wealth through real estate
- The importance of solid metrics in a potential house hack
- How he gets in front of the “path of progress” to maximize returns
- How to take advantage of low down payment options to snag properties that earn income
- How house hacking allows you to find the “return on your potential”
- How to make “hedonic adaptation” work for you, not against you
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast 252: House Hacking (Your First Deal) & Life Hacking with Craig Curelop
- BiggerPockets Podcast 014 : Cash Flow, Creative Finance, and Life with Ben Leybovich
- Xero Accounting Software
You can listen on BiggerPockets here: http://biggerpockets.com/show350