Episode 37: David Peck - Be The Pebble, Create The Ripples, Effect The Change
Gold Nuggets in this Episode:
- “Everybody is changing the world just by existing and going through their day. It’s whether you’re changing it for the positive, whether you’re changing it for the negative, or you’re just kind of maintaining status quo.”
- “Of course I need to make a living, and I want to make some money, but I think we need to do it in a responsible way.”
- “Isn’t everything an opportunity?”
- The inspiring story of Suon Rottana that David turned into a film.
- Steve took the decision to change one of the questions. Juliet tried to protest, but it didn’t work. Will she take him along on that island getaway?
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
Our guest is David Peck, Founder of SoChange. He is a lecturer at the business school at Humber College in Hamilton, Ontario, and contributes regularly to Rabble.ca and TheMindMarket. He is also an accomplished podcaster, with his podcast, Face 2 Face, featuring over 500 episodes.
In 2007, David was a co-producer on the educational kids show, Spellz. In 2008, alongside comedian Matthew DiSero, David founded the Mosquitoes Such Tour, which aims to raise awareness of Malaria through performance. In 2009, Verge Magazine named David a Global Hero for his contribution towards making the world a better place.
David co-edited Irreconcilable Differences, and he is the author of Real Change is Incremental, which was awarded a Word Guild Culture Award for social change.
He holds a Master’s in Philosophy from the University of Guelph.