Episode 44: Tracy Lamourie - How To Get The World To Hear Your Voice
Gold Nuggets in this Episode:
- “If you’re not out there getting in the media, getting on podcasts, getting quoted in the Star, somebody else in your industry is.”
- “If you don’t know the art of the pitch and you don’t understand what you’re doing you can burn more bridges than you can build.”
- “Whatever it is you do, you have expertise, you have knowledge that the mainstream doesn’t have.”
- “Every success builds on every other success.”
- “There are so many different forums now, there’s a billion different ways to find your comfort zone.”
- “Civility in the workplace can help you retain customers and employees. It literally has a financial impact of 30% on companies.”
- “The way we treat each other really matters.”
- “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” – Oscar Wilde.
Our guest is Tracy Lamourie, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Lamourie Media.
Tracy is an industry thought leader, international award-winning publicist, and she is a frequent guest on many TV and radio shows, and internationally recognized podcasts. In 2017, her work helped free an innocent man from death row.
She has been quoted in multiple international publications on human rights issues, public relations, leadership, entrepreneurship, and empowerment, and she is a regular contributor to Medium and Prosperi Press.
She was nominated for the 2020 Universal Women’s Network Woman of Inspiration Award, the 2020 RBC Women of Influence Award, and the 2020 Tallberg/Eliasson Global Leadership Prize.