Episode 45: Karlana Pedersen - Successfully Mixing Art-Media, Life and a Career
Gold Nuggets in this Episode:
- Steve hasn’t had much sleep, but with some extra caffeine, the show goes on!
- “It’s great that I have a business acumen, and it’s great that I love sales, but I have to have a plan.”
- “People think it’s so easy to go and sell your art, or your photography, without really sitting down and saying ‘what does that mean, and what is the plan to doing that, and how do you execute it?’ There’s a lot of steps in between the actual creation and the selling that go into play.”
- “The difference between the businesses that make it and the businesses that don’t, it isn’t the product or service that you sell, it isn’t the marketplace, and it isn’t the conditions, it is the resilience of the business owner to keep getting back up.”
- “Entrepreneurship is not for everyone. It does take a certain kind of mindset, and although it can be very rewarding, there are lots of sacrifices, and it isn’t for everyone.”
- “We need to look out for each other. We need to support each other. We need to help those who have difficulty helping themselves.”
- “Whatever you do as an entrepreneur, just make sure that you stay strong, you keep going, and know what your goal is. It’s easier to stay connected if you know what you’re reaching for.”
- “You do not take a photograph, you make it.” - Ansel Adams.
Our guest is Karlana Pedersen, Owner of Karlana Pedersen Art & Photography.
Karlana is a business owner, entrepreneur, and visual artist, specialising in mixed-media art, digital illustration, and portrait photography. In 2015, she founded Karla Pedersen Visual Art & Phototgraphy, which has since become an exclusively online custom art service provider, divided into two distinct brands - Karlana.com, her digital art gallery, and Art Maiden ®, her new art licensing brand.
She is a certified Nikon Professional, with the focus on both lifestyle, and fashion photography. She is also the co-host of the weekly How Do Artists Podcast, and Artwork Wednesday on Facebook Live.