Ep. 16: Taking Responsibility
Welcome to episode 16 of the Two Coach Confidence podcast. Our aim with this podcast is to bring fun and interesting guests from all areas and walks of life to share their knowledge, stories and experiences of this mystical and subjective topic we refer to as confidence.
In today's episode we have the pleasure of being joined by Simon Ong. Everything that Simon does is built around inspiring people to see their world differently and igniting their imagination of what is truly possible so that they can lead an extraordinary life. As an award-winning coach and international keynote speaker, he has appeared on Sky News, BBC, Forbes, and has spoken at some of the world's most successful organisations like Virgin, Barclays, Salesforce and Microsoft.
In this episode, we talk about,
- Simon's journey from joining the financial services industry literally just before the 2008 global crash, and how he’s ended up becoming a keynote speaker and award winning coach.
- Simon shares his Chinese roots and the expectations that his parents had of him to become a Doctor, a Banker or a Solicitor.
- We discuss the idea that confidence is linked to our own internal energy, and how understanding how to manage our energy can support improving our confidence.
- As with many of the other guests who have joined us, Simon shares a similar view that confidence comes from taking action, even if that action is small.
- We remind ourselves that remembering just how far we’ve come is an essential element to our sense of confidence.
- Simon discusses the concept of focusing outwards instead of inwards when he’s in a situation where he feels nervous.
- One of Simon’s favorite exercises from the classic book, Think and Grow Rich. The idea of creating an imaginary board of advisors.
- We explore that as humans we don’t see the world as it is, rather we see it as we are. And why this is important in the context of confidence.
- Simon goes on to share the idea that confidence starts off as a skill, but over time almost matures into a feeling.
- As we move towards the end of the episode Simon provides us with his top three tips, all based around his deep understanding of personal development.
Simon's depth and knowledge of personal development is outstanding, the wisdom he shares throughout this episode is fantastic. There’s something in this episode for everyone. His journey and transition to becoming a keynote speaker is inspirational to say the least! Simon’s confidence has clearly come from his own personal development and his discipline to stay true to what he believes in.
If you enjoy the podcast, please SUBSCRIBE to our show and leave a review. Even better, please feel free to share with anyone you feel would value from the information we provide.
Links from the episode
Book - Think and Grow Rich - https://amzn.to/374E9jt
For more information on Simon visit,
Online Community: https://www.simonalexanderong.com/ecc
For more information about Kerry's work visit,
For more information about Adams work visit,
Website: My Coach For Life | Life beyond limits